Let the Trying Begin

After nearly 10 years on birth control my husband and I were ready to start our family... and that's when I stop getting my period, natch.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Keeping Optimism at Bay

I don't like to fail at anything. Of course, no one does, but for me, it sometimes keeps me from doing and trying things for fear of failure. I've been so fortunate in my life that so many things have been so easy for me, but I only like to try at things when I know I can succeed. Which is why I have 85% of a book proposal put together, but have yet to make any more progress on it nearly 9 months later. Go figure.

Good friends of ours shared news of their pregnancy last night over dinner. They're 7 weeks along. I'm very excited for them -- I knew they were trying, and she's familiar with what we're going through at this point. Part of me optimistically hopes that we'll both be pregnant together (though she's going to be delivering in early May, and if we're successful this cycle we won't be due until mid-late June), but another part of me doesn't like even the fact that I've now typed that "outloud", for fear that it won't happen.

Metformin Question: when the doc told me to take Metformin, she said to stop taking it if I was getting an HSG, because the dye is processed through your liver, much as Metformin is -- I'm having an MRI with contrast (unrelated to fertility) on Monday -- any ideas if I'm supposed to stop before the MRI, or after and for how long? (Yes, I'll ask my doctor too.)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger ms. x said…

    When I had my HSG I was told not to take Metformin for at least 48 hours. I actually stopped taking it for four days - the two days before the procedure, the day of, and the day after.

    -x-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home