Let the Trying Begin

After nearly 10 years on birth control my husband and I were ready to start our family... and that's when I stop getting my period, natch.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Who Am I?

I guess I should have taken it as a sign over a year ago when I discovered www.alittlepregnant.com. At the time, my husband and I were in the midst of buying an apartment and I was still on birth control, as I had been for nearly 10 years. We had a winter vacation planned and decided that we wanted to wait for that to be over before we started TTC. The over-achiever that I am, I went off birth control in October 2005 and we planned to use condoms while I figured out my cycle (which had been irregular before going on BCPs years earlier.) I had a few periods, each increasingly far apart. In December, I called by OB/GYN to schedule my annual exam, only to discover that the first available appointment she had was in June! I booked it and asked to be put on the waiting list in case anyone cancelled. I never really thought I was pregnant, but nonetheless worked my way through several multi-packs of HPTs. I called my OB/GYN after 2 months with no period, and the nurse told me to call back in a week if it still hadn't arrived. Called back, made an appointment, which they proceeded to cancel on me and I had to reexplain what I was experiencing two more times before they rescheduled it. Finally got into the doctor's office, she ran the typical hormone and pregnancy tests and told me if everything was normal she'd put me on Provera to "bring down my period." The Provera worked -- but now it's been several more months since I got my last period. I called the OB/GYN again, and now I've got a referral to see an RE in a couple of weeks. Thrilling, eh?

In the meantime, I've been taking Fertility Blend and hoping that it will regulate my cycle -- but my optimism is waning.

It's overwhelming how much I think about it. My dear husband is super sweet and tries to be supportive, but now I'm off to pester the Internets with my story if only to keep my sanity and find some fellow ladies who can share my journey.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Tracy Antonioli said…

    hi...found your blog through stirrup queen's blog index. you sound a LOT like me (ok--entirely like me, but a few months farther along in the process) and i just wanted to say hello. so...hello! my blog: www.oldfashionedway.wordpress.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home