Let the Trying Begin

After nearly 10 years on birth control my husband and I were ready to start our family... and that's when I stop getting my period, natch.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Plan of Action

Well, the good news is that I survived yesterday's appointment with the RE. DH came along, which was probably unnecessary, as it wasn't nearly as stressful as i thought it might be, but nonetheless I'm glad he was there.

Not surprisingly, she seems to think I have PCOS and after some bloodwork, it looks like I'll be trying Metformin to regulate my cycle. She said we could try clomid right away if we wanted, but I'd rather hold off and see how this works. Due to insurance rules, I've got to go back for my bloodwork one day next week before I get started, but I was happy to discover that Clomid wasn't my only option.

The side effects of Metformin sound pretty undesireable, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just excited about the opportunity to actually try getting pregnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home